2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (10oz or so)
4-5 cups chicken stock (no or low sodium)
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup sliced celery
1 cup sliced green onions
2 cups egg noodles (any pasta will do)
1 clove of garlic- chopped
1 tbsp fennel seeds
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp celer salt
Zest of one lemon
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Season the chicken with all of the herbs, drizzle olive oil, and then cover it with foil.
2. Place it in the a 400°F oven for 15-20 minutes.
3. Take your vegetables and cut them evenly to go into the soup.
4. In a small stock pot, saute a little bit of garlic in olive oil, and then add in your broth, add in fennel seed, and bring it up to boil for 5 minutes.
5. Add in your carrots and pasta and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Take out your chicken and pour the juices into the soup and continue to cook the broth. Shred your chicken.
7. The last 2-3 seconds before soup is finished add in salt, celery, and the rest of your vegetables in.
8. In a serving bowl, pour the soup and add in the chicken and finish it with green onions.