Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1/8 bar Paraffin wax
1. Start by preheating the oven to 300°F, and then combine all the cookie ingredients together in a bowl, starting with ½ cup of flour.
2. Next, make sure the dough is roll-able by adding flour until it is no longer sticky.
3. Transfer your dough to a work surface and roll it out until it is very thin, about ¼ inch thick.
4. Using a cookie cutter, cut the dough into the desired shape. Keep going until you’re out of dough.
5. Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 4-7 minutes, or until the cookies have firmed and browned around the edges.
6. Remove them from the oven, and allow them to cool.
7. Meanwhile, on the stovetop, melt the chocolate and paraffin in a double boiler. The wax is added to ensure a shiny coat on the cookies.
8. When that’s totally melted, take one cookie at a time and cover it completely in the chocolate coating.
9. When you’re done coating the cookies, place them on wire racks that have some waxed paper under them to allow the excess chocolate to drip off.
10. When the chocolate has set, transfer them from the wire racks to a sheet of waxed paper to dry completely.
11. At this point, feel free to get a little creative by drizzling the cookies with the remaining melted chocolate.
12. Allow the chocolate to set, and enjoy!