Servings: 25+ cakes
3 large eggs
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 can regular coconut milk (about 1 & 1/2 cups)
2 ¼ cups sweet white rice flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
Butter for greasing the mini-cupcake pan
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
Toppings: Jam or Nutella
1. Preheat Oven to 325°F degrees.
2. Add eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract to mixer and and blend until uniform.
3. Add in coconut milk and blend.
4. Combine sweet white rice flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add these dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix until the mochi batter is fully blended.
5. Scoop batter into a greased mini-cupcake pan until each cup is about 3/4 full. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
6. To serve: spread a healthy dose of your favorite topping, jam, or Nutella on each cake, and finish with a dollop of freshly whipped cream.
To whip the cream, blend your heavy whipping cream until it thickens and peaks begin to form. Fold in sugar.