Cook Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Ready In: 50 minutes
For the filling:
1 lb (500g) of fresh plums
A little less then 1 cup (150g) of sugar
1/4 cup (50g) of butter
1 pot of sweet chestnut puree
Hint of grated orange zest
For the cream:
Half liter of double cream
Jar of honey
Few sprigs of lavender
1. Start off by making the filling by cutting the plums into chunks and then place them into a pan. Add in some orange zest grated and then cut it in half and squeeze in the juice of the orange into the pan. Add in a knob of butter (1/4 cup) and simmer it to stew it away and close it with a lid.
3. To make the crepes place 1 & 1/2 cup of chestnut flour, 1 & 1/2 cup of plain flour and 1 cup of sugar in a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt. Add the eggs to the milk and beat together then add to the flour and sugar slowly whisking to avoid lumps then add the orange juice to form a batter.
4. Finally stir in the melted butter. Using a small frying pan, grease with a small knob of butter then add a small amount of batter to make a thin crepe, brown on one side then toss or turn to brown on the other.
5. To make up the cream, place 3 tablespoons of honey in a pan and put in a couple of sprigs of lavender. Heat up and let infuse for a few minutes, then let it cool down.
6. Once cool whisk the honey into the cream until it thickens slightly to a soft peak. To assemble the crepes put one on a plate. On one half of the crepe spread with the sweetened chestnut puree (about a teaspoon full).
7. Then place a good dessertspoon of plums on the chestnut then fold up in to a triangular shape. Serve warm with a dollop of the cream on the side. If fresh lavender is available then decorate with fresh sprigs.