Cook Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 cup of Water
1 cup of All Purpose Flour
3 tbsp of Unsalted Butter
1 tbsp of Vegetable Oil
1 tbsp of Granulated Sugar
½ tsp of Salt
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
Canola Oil for frying
½ cup of Granulated Sugar for dipping
1 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
1. In a large dutch oven, add enough canola oil to fill the pan about half way, heat it over medium heat to heat it to 375 degrees. You can also use a deep fryer for this.
2. In a large saucepan, add the water, butter, vegetable oil, 1 Tbsp of sugar, vanilla and salt, bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to low and add the flour, stirring constantly until the mixture turns into a ball, cook this mixture for about 1 minute. (Remember to constantly stir)
3. Add the dough into the bowl and add one egg a time and mixing well after each addition to make sure the egg is well combined.
4. Spoon the dough into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip.
5. Pipe 5 inch ropes into the hot oil (be very careful) and make sure you only cook a few at a time so you don’t bring down the temperature of the oil. Cook them for a few minutes on each side or until deeply golden brown.
6. Drain them on paper towels to remove excess oil and then dip them in the cinnamon sugar. Repeat with your remaining batter and serve right away!