Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Ready In: 4 hours & 30 minutes
2 kilograms leg of lamb
1 bunch rosemary, large
1 head granulated garlic, unpeeled and broken into cloves
1 dash Finest extra-virgin olive oil
1 pinch salt and ground pepper
1/2 cup lemon, juice
1 tbsp self-rising flourr
2 cups chicken stock
3 tbsp capers, soaked in water, drained and chopped
2 tbsp mint, chopped and fresh
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 428°F (220ºC).
2. Use a sharp knife to make incisions into fat side of lamb and stuff with half the rosemary and garlic cloves.
3. Make a ‘bed’ in a roasting pan using half the remaining rosemary and garlic.
4. Rub lamb with olive oil and season
5. Scatter top of lamb with remaining rosemary and garlic, cover with foil and place in oven.
6. Reduce heat to 338°F (170ºC) and cook for 3-4 hours.
7. The meat is ready when you can pull it apart easily with two forks. Rest meat.
8. Pour away most of the fat, discarding rosemary stalks. Place roasting pan on hob and mix in flour.
9. Add stock, stirring vigorously and scraping all the sticky goodness off the bottom of the pan. Add capers, reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes. Add mint and red wine vinegar just before serving.