Lemon Almond Polenta Cake
1 cup (200g) of caster sugar
1 cup (200g) of polenta
1 cup (200g) of ground almonds
3 medium size free-range eggs
1 cup (2 sticks) (200g) of unsalted butter
2 lemons, zest and juice
1/2 tbsp of salt
1/2 cup (60g) confectioners' (powdered or icing) sugar, sifted
2 tbsps lemon juice
1. Set the oven at 356°F (180°C Gas Mark 4). Beat the butter. Then add the sugar, salt, polenta and almonds until the mixture is light and fluffy.
2. Then add the eggs one at the time. Then gently pour the zest and the juice of 2 lemons.
3. Fold the mixture until all the ingredients are combined. Once done, pour the mixture into a 24cm greased and lined cake tin.
4. Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes. To test that the cake is ready, insert a knife into the cake, and verify that the knife comes out clean. Leave the cake aside to cool down.
5. To make the frosting, add the sugar and lemon juice together, and mix until smooth. Drizzle over the top of the cake, and serve.