a Shot of Oil
a Few Cloves
1 tsp of all Spice
1 tsp of Cinnamon
A pinch of Salt
1 tbsp of White Wine Vinegar
2 tbsp of Caster Sugar
2 tbsp of Marmalade
1 Large Whole Camembert
A Small Bowl of Flour
1 large Egg, beaten
A Bowl of Breadcrumbs
1. Peel and dice the shallot and add to a medium hot saucepan with a glug of oil for a few minutes.
2. Zest the oranges, then cut the top and bottom off, cut round the shape of the orange, cutting off the white pith, and segment.
3. Add the orange zest, segments, cloves, all spice, cinnamon, salt, vinegar and sugar and simmer slowly for about 10 minutes so that it is soft and sticky.
4. Stir in the marmalade and set aside to cool.
5. Preheat the fryer to 356°F (180°C).
6. Cut the camembert into 8 stick like shapes.
7. Coat the wedges in seasoned flour, egg and then breadcrumbs.
8. Dunk the pieces back through the egg and breadcrumbs for a second time.
9. Lower the breaded cheese in to the preheated fryer carefully for a few minutes until the outside is golden brown and crispy, then drain on a paper towel to drain off the oil.
10. Serve 2 pieces of fried cheese on a bed of mixed leaves with a dollop of the orange chutney dip.