½ gallon Orange Juice
½ gallon Red Grapefruit Juice
½ gallon Pineapple Juice
½ gallon Cranberry Juice
½ gallon Mango Nectar
½ gallon Papaya Nectar
1. Pour each juice into a separate carafe.
2. Place in an ice tub.
3. Allow guests to serve themselves and create their own juice blends
Exotic Iced Coffee
1. Prepare coffee.
2. Refrigerate overnight in a heat proof carafe.
3. Serve cold coffee over ice, topped with coconut milk, and cardamom to taste.
Apricot & Ginger Scones
2 cups flour
4 tsp sugar
1 tbsp + 1 tsp of baking powder
½ tsp salt
10 tbsp cold butter, diced into cubes
½ cup diced dried apricots
2 tbsp dried, crystallized ginger
½ cup heavy cream
Raw, turbinado sugar for tops
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Line sheet pan with parchment paper. In a bowl combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
2. Add butter and work by hand until dough resembles a coarse meal. Add the apricots and ginger and toss. Mix the egg with the cream and add to mixture.
3. Slowly mix with a wooden spoon, and then your hands until a dough forms. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Shape dough into a square, cut into 4 squares and then cut the squares into triangles.
4. Brush with heavy cream and sprinkle with the raw sugar. Pop back in fridge for 10 mins to firm up, and then bake for 15-16 mins until golden brown. Serve with butter and jam.
Yogurt and Fruit Parfait With Homemade Granola:
2 cups of quick cooking oats
1 egg white
¼ c of honey
1 tbsp brown sugar
½ cup of raw cashews
½ cup of raw pecans
½ cup of raisins
½ cup golden raisins
½ cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
(1) 32 oz containers of vanilla yogurt
2 cup of blueberries
1 cup of raspberries
1 cup of blackberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Whisk together egg white, honey and brown sugar. Add oats and nuts. Turn out onto a rimmed cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 mins or until golden, tossing occasionally.
3. Remove from the oven and toss in the raisins and coconut while the granola is still warm. The granola will dry out and crisp up while it cools. Store in an air-tight container until ready to use.
4. To serve, place yogurt in a decorative glass bowl, and top with granola and fresh berries.
Puffy Egg Bake Casserole *
2 cups of cottage cheese, small curd
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup of flour
½ cup of melted butter
4 cups of finely shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix together the eggs and the cottage cheese until combined, set aside. Add baking soda, flour, and melted butter. Stir in cheese.
3. Pour batter into a 9 x 13 greased dish. Bake for 30-35 mins.
4. Serve with hot sauce or salsa.
Broiled Roma Tomatoes With Fresh Thyme*
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Slice tomatoes in half. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with thyme.
3. Place under broiler 3-5 mins or until the skins starts to soften and tops start to bubble.
4. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Perfectly Roasted Potatoes With Smoky Ketchup*
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Wash and dry potatoes. Cut in quarters. Toss with oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
3. Turn out onto a rimmed cookie sheet and roast for 20-25 mins. For smoky ketchup: Mix smoked paprika together with ketchup.
4. Serve alongside the potatoes.
Peach, Mozzarella, Prosciutto Salad With Fresh Mint*
6 ripe peaches, sliced
(2) containers of bit sized mozzarella balls in water
16 pieces of prosciutto, carefully torn
2 tbsp olive oil
1 bunch of fresh mint, roughly chopped
1. Slice peaches into wedges.
2. Drain mozzarella balls.
3. Combine peaches and mozzarella in a large bowl.
4. Drizzle with olive oil.
5. Tear prosciutto over the top and sprinkle with chopped mint.
6. Toss together, and add more fresh mint as garnish.