2 medium/large sweet potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 4 inch long, 1/2 inch thick fries
2 to 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil or ghee
1 Tablespoon coconut sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon coarse ground Himalayan salt or Celtic sea salt or Real Salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon whole coriander seed (optional)
½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Toss the sweet potatoes with the oil, salt, cumin, sugar, coriander and pepper so the fries are well coated.
3. Spread a single layer of fries out onto a parchment paper-covered cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
4. Turn the fries over, move them to the top rack in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the fries are golden brown and slightly crisp.
5. Serve with Healthy Ranch Dressing.
Healthy Ranch Dressing
½ cup soaked raw cashews
⅓ cup, plus one Tablespoon water
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon Bragg Liquid Aminos
2 teaspoons miso paste
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
⅛ cup chopped fresh basil leaves or 2 teaspoons dried basil
½ teaspoon dried dill weed
1. Place everything in a blender and process until smooth and creamy. Add an extra tablespoon of water if the sauce turns out to be too thick.
Serve with warm Sweet Potato Fries.