Servings: about 10 to 12 lettuce cups
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 35 minutes
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
1 tbs. rice vinegar
1 tbs. soy sauce
4 boneless / skinless chicken thighs (~1.5 lbs)
1 tbs. olive oil
Head of butter lettuce or Iceberg lettuce
1 cup of loosely packed mint leaves
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
2. Mix together hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, and soy sauce in a small bowl.
3. In a larger bowl, season and tenderize chicken with 2 tbs. of the hoisin mixture + 1 tsp. kosher salt.
4. Heat a cast iron pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add 1 tbs. of oil to pan and then sear chicken for about 3 minutes on each side. Place in oven and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
5. While chicken is roasting, prepare greens. Tear lettuce into smaller pieces and slice mint into ribbons.
6. When chicken is done cooking, let cool for about 5 minutes, before chopping into smaller pieces. Toss with remaining hoisin mixture and spoon into lettuce pieces.
7. Garnish with mint.