Return to the program page of Mediterranean Eating: The Anti-Inflammatory Diet
Download the program guidebook for a printable ingredient list and recipe steps!
• 2lb chicken thigh fillets or breasts, skinless and boneless
• 1 large garlic clove, minced
• 1 tbsp ground coriander
• 1 tbsp ground cumin
• 1 tbsp ground cardamom
• 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper (reduce to 1/2 tsp to make it not spicy)
• 2 tsp smoked paprika
• 2 tsp salt
• black pepper
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 1 cup greek yoghurt
• 1 clove garlic , crushed
• 1 tsp cumin
• squeeze of lemon juice
• salt and pepper
• 6 flatbreads (flatbread or pita bread)
• sliced lettuce
• tomato slices
salad with greens and vegetables
• Measure out all of the spices ahead of time and just add the lemon juice and olive oil when ready to marinate the chicken.
• Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Then, add the chicken and make sure each piece is coated well.
• Narinate the chicken overnight or up to 24 hours.
• Combine the yogurt sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix. cover it and put in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
• Grill, bake or pan fry. To fry, heat a large pan on the stove over medium high heat.
• Add a little olive oil in the pan to prevent sticking and place your chicken in the pan.
• Cook the first side for about 5 minutes until you get a good char....flip them over and cook for another 3-4 minutes to finish.
• Once your chicken is cooked thoroughly, let it rest on a plate.
• Serve the chicken in a pita with lettuce, tomatoes and yogurt sauce, or you can add this to a bowl with leafy greens, cucumbers, tomatoes and the yogurt sauce.