1 & 1/4 cup (200g) ginger biscuits, crushed
1/4 cup (60g) butter, melted
4 cups (700g) full fat cream cheese
1 cup (200g) white chocolate, melted in bain-marie
1/2 cup (100g) caster sugar
3/4 cup (100g) flour
2 lemons, zest and juiced
1 tbsp vanilla extracts
2 medium size eggs
2 medium size eggs, separated
1/2 cup (100g) of double cream
3/4 cup (200g) sour cream
1/2 cup (50g) of icing sugar
1 & 1/4 cup (200g) of crushed ginger biscuits
1. Preheat the oven to 320°F (160°C). Grease and line a 24 cm cake tin and line it with greaseproof paper (bottom and side of the tin).
2. In a bowl mix the biscuits with the melted butter, which has been lightly burnt so it becomes brown in color, and pour the mixture in the tin. With the back of a spoon press the biscuits to an even base.
1. In a mixing bowl beat the sugar, the cream cheese, the flour, the vanilla, the eggs, the zest and juice of the lemons and the egg yolks to a smooth mixture. Then add to the mixture the melted white chocolate and the double cream, and mix well.
2. In another bowl beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt to softpeak, and fold in gently. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the prepared tin and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes until it just sets. Let it cool down.
1. Mix the sour cream with the icing sugar. Pour the sour cream mixture in the tin and sprinkle with the crushed biscuits. Bake for another 10 minutes. Let the cheesecake cool down completely before serving.