Servings: 8 to 10
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Ready In: 45 minutes
2 cups sour cherries
6 ripe pears
1/3 cup granulated sugar
Pinch of salt
3 cups Champagne Sabayon (substitute: whipped cream - https://grokker.com/cooking/video/baking-basics-making-fluffy-whipped-cream/50e7261639e290f85a000142)
1/2 cup cold caramel sauce
1 sponge cake (https://grokker.com/cooking/video/sweet-summertime-victoria-sponge-cake/53b6ccd4e4800c5e509281d6)
1 cup Candied Almonds (https://grokker.com/cooking/video/simple-and-delicious-candied-nuts-for-desserts/523881063a736a753d043266)
1. Peel, core, and slice the pears 1/2-inch thick.
2. In a large sauté pan cook the pears, sugar, and a pinch of salt over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the juices start to evaporate, 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Pour them out to a bowl and set them aside in room temperature.
For Sour Cherries:
1. Put the sour cherries in a bowl. Pour boiling water over until covered. Let sit for 5-10 minutes until soft. Drain and set aside.
To assemble the trifle:
1. In a bowl add a scoop of Sabayon and take pieces of sponge cake and place it on top.
Add a scoop of the pear mixture on top of the sponge and then add the sour cherries on top. Add the caramel sauce on top and repeat the whole process till it has reach the top.
2. Top it off with candied almonds and then your ready to serve!