Servings: Makes a 9x12 inch pan
Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
2 cups gluten free Bisquick (see notes if you’re not on a gluten free diet)
3/4 unsweetened cocoa, sifted
1 ¾ cups sugar
½ cup butter
2/3 cup chocolate chips
7 oz of Greek yogurt
1/2 cup coffee, cooled
2 tsp vanilla
FOR THE CRUMB TOPPING
¼ cup gluten free Bisquick
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
½ cup brown sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
4 tbsp cold butter, diced
¾ cup chocolate chips
2 tbsp confectioner’s sugar to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (or 175 °C) and grease a 9x12 inch pan with gluten free nonstick spray. If using a disposable pan place it on a baking sheet for stability.
2. For the crumb topping, in a medium bowl stir together the Bisquick, cocoa, brown sugar and cinnamon then using a pastry cutter or two knives cut the butter into the dry mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs then stir in the chocolate chips and set the mixture aside in the refrigerator while you make the batter.
3. In a large bowl stir the Bisquick, cocoa and sugar together and set aside.
4. In small bowl add the butter to the chocolate chips and microwave on high for 30 seconds then stir them together until smooth then set aside.
5. In a very large bowl whisk together the yogurt, coffee, eggs, and vanilla until well combined then whisk in the melted chocolate mixture and when it’s well incorporated add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and using a rubber spatula mix until the wet and dry ingredients are well incorporated.
6. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and spread it along the bottom then evenly distribute the crumb topping over the top of the batter.
7. Bake it for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8. Allow the cake to cool completely before dusting with confectioner’s sugar just before serving.
Notes: If you’re not following a gluten free diet, in place of the 2 cups of gluten free Bisquick substitute 2 cups of all purpose flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, and ½ tsp salt.