6 eggs separated
1 cup of sugar
1 tbsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp of milk
1 cup of gluten free baking mix
1 tbsp of coconut flour
1/4 tsp of salt
1 can of marzipan
2 tbsp of butter
3 tbsp of Nutella
3 cups of icing sugar (powdered sugar)
2 oz of unsalted butter
3 tbsp of water
2 tbsp of coco powder
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Separate the 6 eggs, yolk in the stand mixing bowl and whites in a separate bowl. Set the whites aside.
2. Add sugar, vanilla essence, and milk into the mixer with a whisk attachment and mix until all the ingredients are incorporated. Add in the gluten free baking mix and coconut flour, mix until it is at a thick consistency.
3. Using a hand mixer, whisk the egg whites into a stiff peaks. Incorporate the stiff peaks into the batter and fold them in gently.
4. Grease your cake tins with butter and pour the batter. Rotate them around so they are evenly settled in the pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they are golden brown.
1. Remove the marzipan from the can and place it on top of a parchment paper. Flatten the marzipan with your hand an place another parchment paper on top. Even out and flatten the marzipan with a rolling pin or a cup. Set aside.
1. In a bowl add icing sugar and melted butter, mix together adding in water little bit at a time until it is smooth. Add in the cocoa powder to make it a chocolate icing.
1. Take the sponge cake out and flip them over on a rack and let it rest for 5-10 minutes. When it is cooled, place one on the bottom and spread the Nutella in the middle evenly coating the top of the cake. Transfer the Marzipan and place it on top of the Nutella then place the second sponge cake on top with the flat side on up. Take a knife and trace the edge to get rid of the excess Marzipan.
2. Take the icing and ice the sides of the cake first and then ice the top of the cake with the icing. Finish it off by grating a bit of dark chocolate on top.