Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours 40 minutes
Ready In: 4 hours
17 lb Turkey
½ cup of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
2 Tbsp each of Fresh Rosemary, Thyme and sage, finely finely chopped
2 Cloves of Garlic, Grated
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Veggies for stuffing the turkey and for the pan such as Carrots, Celery, Onion and Garlic
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place rough chopped veggies in the bottom of your roasting tray and coat with olive oil, mix and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine together the fresh chopped herbs, grated garlic, salt pepper and butter, mix until it’s all well combined.
4. Rub the butter mixture under the skin of the turkey and on the outside.
5. Place the turkey in the roasting pan on top of the veggies and roast for 2 hours.
6. Remove from the oven and baste it well, cover with aluminum foil and cook for 1 and a half hours making sure to baste it every 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and baste it will one last time. Put it back in for 15 more minutes or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the turkey (between the thigh and breast) reaches 170 degrees when tested with a meat thermometer.
7. Let it rest for 30 minutes covered with aluminum foil and a kitchen towel before carving. Enjoy!