2kg pork mince (or grind a 2.5kg shoulder with bones and rind removed)
1 ½ tbs salt
1 tbs ground white pepper
1 tbs garlic powder
1 tbs dried sage
2 tbs cayenne pepper (optional)
1 kg bacon strips
250g crispy fried bacon pieces
1. Ground up meat, and in a bowl add in the rub mixture and mix it together.
2. Weave the bacon strips together to form a crisscross layer to wrap the grounded meat together.
3. Brush some bbq sauce on top of the grounded meat and then add cooked bacon bits on top of that.
4. Roll up the meat and then roll up the bacon wrap around it.
5. Place the meat in your grill for a low and slow cook with indirect cooking. The temperature should be 250°F for 3 & 1/2 hours. The meat should be 170°F to be cooked through.