1. Bring water and cream to a boil in a large pot. Stir in grits and reduce heat to medium. Add salt.
2. Stir constantly until the grits have the consistency of thick soup and you can smell the sweet corn aroma of the grits, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to low and let cook for about 20 more minutes, stirring every few minutes, until grits are fluffy, creamy, and fully cooked.
4. Remove from heat and add butter and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
1. Peel the garlic cloves and slice thinly. Mix equal parts canola oil and olive oil and heat on medium in a small sauce pan.
2. Add garlic slices to the hot oil and cook until golden brown. Turn, and continue browning. Remove from heat before they turn dark brown and set aside on a paper towel to dry.
1/2 pound large shelled and deveined shrimp
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp sage
1 tbsp equal parts canola and olive oil
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 cup white wine
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp cream
1 tomato, diced
1. Mix shrimp in a bowl with salt and pepper to taste, minced garlic, chopped parsley, and mixed herbs. Heat saucepan over medium heat and add oil. Add shrimp and sauté with shallots until barely pink.
2. Add wine and flambé or cook off alcohol. Add Worcestershire sauce. Next, add cream, sauce should be the color of café au lait. Reduce sauce down by half. Add tomatoes and more fresh parsley. Taste and adjust seasoning.
3. Serve shrimp on top of a healthy serving of grits, pour remaining sauce on top. Garnish with garlic chips and a sprig of parsley.