For the chow mein:
a clove of garlic
a knob of ginger
a handful of mange tout
1 red pepper
2 spring onions
1 tsp of Chinese 5 spice
1 tsp of chilli flakes
a glug of sesame oil
fresh egg noodles (250g)
a few glugs of soy sauce
few sprigs of fresh coriander to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Put the prawns in a bowl to defrost, then drain and pat dry with kitchen paper. Peel and grate the garlic and ginger for the chow mein.
2. Slice the mange tout, red pepper and spring onion into strips for the chow mein. Blitz the prawn crackers in a chopper until they form a fine crumb. Dust the prawns in flour and then dip in beaten egg.
3. Roll the eggy prawns in the cracker crumbs to coat and place on a baking tray. Place the prawns in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes so they are cooked all the way through.
4. Fry the ginger and garlic in a wok with sesame oil for 30 seconds, then add the sliced mange tout, red pepper, 5 spice powder and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add the noodles, chilli flakes, spring onion and soya sauce and cook for another 2 minutes to make sure the noodles are hot all the way through.
5. Serve the cooked crispy prawns on the bed of noodles and sprinkle with chopped fresh coriander.