2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp garlic, chopped
3/4 tbsp ginger, chopped
1 medium size white onion, chopped
2 medium size tomatoes, chopped
4 kaiffir lime leaves
1 6 inch lemon grass stalk, crushed
2 tbsp red chilli-garlic paste
1 & 1/4 cups (300ml) coconut milk (thick)
To taste sea salt
To garnish grated coconut
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped garlic and ginger, sauté for a minute and add the chopped onion. Saute the onion until translucent and add the chopped tomatoes, lemon grass and kaiffir lime leaves.
2. Cook the vegetable till the onions and tomatoes turn mush and paste like. Add the red chili, garlic paste and sauté for a further 1 minute.
3. Add the coconut milk, stir well together and bring the mixture to a boil. Lower the heat and bring the sauce to a simmer. Now add the prawns and sea salt, cook till the prawns become firm and get cooked. Serve with coriander rice and garnished with grated coconut.
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the unsalted butter, as soon as the butter melts add the boiled rice, coconut milk and sea salt.
2. Gently toss the rice and sprinkle the chopped coriander leaves.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and lightly mix the coriander leaves into the rice, ensuring the rice does not break.