½ red onion, diced
¼ pound ground lamb
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt
½ tsp cracked pepper
15 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 tsp dried oregano
24 phyllo dough cups (appetizer size)
4 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
4 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Sauté red onions in olive oil until soft and caramelized. Add ground lamb, cumin, salt and pepper and brown until cooked through, breaking apart with a wooden spoon. Remove the lamb mixture with a slotted spoon and transfer to paper towels to drain fat.
3. In the remaining fat that's left in the pan, sauté cherry tomatoes until soft and broken down. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add dried oregano.
4. Spoon tomato mixture (about ½ tsp) into the phyllo cups, top with cooked lamb (1/2 tsp) mixture and a sprinkling of feta cheese.
5. Bake for 15-20 mins until phyllo cups are golden brown and feta is soft. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
6. Serve with your favorite sparkling wine (Cava or Prosecco are two good choices)