juice of 2 lemons
2 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tbsp olive oil, for marinade
2 tbsp olive oil, for pan
1 cod fillet
1/2 cup plain flour
1/8 tsp salt
1. Place the cod in a bowl. Squeeze the lemon juice over the cod. Add the cumin seeds, cumin powder, salt, black pepper, and the olive oil. Marinate the cod in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
2. Add the olive oil to a pan and sautée the sliced onion with the cumin seeds and cumin powder. The onions should caramelize slightly. Add the rice and mix all of the ingredients together. Add the water and a pinch of salt. Bring everything to a boil. Let the rice boil for 15 minutes, then put the lid on the pot and let the rice simmer for 10 more minutes.
3. Sprinkle the flour and salt on a plate. Roll the cod in the flour and coat both sides.
4. Add the oil to a pan over medium heat and cook the cod for a 4-5 minutes. Turn the cod over when the bottom is golden brown.
5. In a bowl, whisk together the chopped tomatoes, parsley, yogurt, tahini, and lemon juice to make the sauce.
6. When the other side of the cod has cooked, remove it from the stove and place it on a pan, flesh-side up. Bake it in the oven for 5-7 minutes at 180°C (355°F) degrees.
7. To serve, scoop the rice into a bowl and invert the rice onto a plate. Place the cod against the rice and pour a spoonful of sauce over them. Garnish with parsley and a wedge of lemon.