8 ounces spaghetti, cooked (about 1/2 a package)
2 large eggs, whisked
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
1 pound ground turkey (you could also use ground beef or chicken)
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
2 cups weelicious tomato sauce
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp Italian herbs
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place the cooked spaghetti in a bowl and coat with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Combine the eggs and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Add mixture to the spaghetti and mix.
3. Place the spaghetti mixture into a greased deep-dish pie plate and spread to make a “pie crust”. Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a sauté pan over medium heat and cook the ground turkey, salt, garlic and onion powder for 5 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
4. Pour the marinara sauce over the meat and stir to combine. In a bowl stir the Ricotta cheese, the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and Italian herbs to combine.
5. Spread the Ricotta/Parmesan cheese mixture over the pasta, then layer the marinara mixture and finally, top with 1 cup of mozzarella.
6. Place dish on a sheet pan and bake for 30 minutes. Cool, cut into wedges and serve.