A little less then 1/2 lb (200g) minced beef
1/2 lb (250g) minced pork
1 small onion, blitzed or finely diced
2 cups (100g) large handful of breadcrumbs
Pinch of nutmeg
Oil for frying
Glass (200ml) of beef stock
Glass (200ml) of double cream
Bag (400g) of new potatoes
Fresh dill chopped
4 tbsp cranberry sauce
1. Mix beef & pork mince, nutmeg, blitzed or finely diced onion, breadcrumbs and egg together with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Roll and shape the mixture into lots of walnut-sized meatballs.
3. Place the washed potatoes into a pan of cold salted water, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Heat some oil in a non-stick pan and fry the meatballs until they brown all over.
4. Drain off any excess fat from the bottom of the pan. Add the beef stock and cream to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes to thicken the sauce and cook the meatballs through.
5. Chop the dill and stir through the sauce at the last moment before serving with the drained potatoes and with a dollop of cranberry sauce on the side.