Cook Time: 4 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
For the edamame salad:
a couple of spring onions
a handful of frozen soya beans, thawed
For the dressing / dipping sauce:
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp chilli paste
For the prawns:
a good handful of raw prawns
self-raising flour (150g)
ice cold sparkling water (300ml)
1. Slice the radishes and spring onions, then chuck these into a bowl with the soya beans.
2. Halve the avocado and remove the stone.
3. Scoop out the flesh and dice, then stir into the rest of the salad.
4. Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing.
5. Preheat a fryer to 180ºC, or carefully heat some oil in a saucepan (never leave it unattended).
6. Whisk the sparkling water into the flour and add a good pinch of salt.
7. Dip the prawns in the batter then place them in the fryer oil.
8. Fry for about 3 minutes until crisp and golden, then remove and drain on a sheet of kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
9. Portion both elements up ready to tuck in!