Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Ready In: 10 minutes
½ onion, sliced
1 scallion, sliced thinly for garnish
1 chicken thigh, de-boned, skinned and sliced into long ribbons
1 tbsp dashi powder
1 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp soya sauce
¼ cup rice, boiled
1. Bring 330ml of water to the boil, and add the dashi powder. Then add the chicken and the onions, and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are soft and tender.
2. To the broth, add the mirin, sugar, and soya sauce. In a bowl mix the eggs together using a fork or chopsticks.
3. Slowly begin to pour the egg mixture into the broth, starting in the center and spiralling outwards.
4. Allow the egg to cook in the broth for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, depending on preference. Be careful not to overcook the egg.
5. To serve, top the rice with with the broth and egg mixture, and garnish with some of the scallion.