4 sweet potatoes (scrubbed clean)
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup walnut sage pesto
4 slices bacon
1/4 cup arugula
Walnut Sage Pesto:
1 cup fresh Italian parsley
1 cup fresh sage
1 cup walnuts
½ tsp pepper
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 cups olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
¼ cup water
1. Add in all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend for 1-2 minutes until well mixed.
2. Add in water and pulse for a couple more seconds to get a thick consistency.
3. Pour into a bowl and you are ready to serve.
Sweet Potato Skins with Sage Pesto and Bacon:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cut ends off the sweet potatoes, brush with olive oil and bake for 45 minutes.
3. Place the bacon on a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until crispy.
4. Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven, let them cool for 10-15 minutes, then slice in half lengthwise.
5. Scoop out 2-3 tbsp from the middle of each sweet potato. Place a tablespoon of pesto in the center of each potato.
6. Crumble the crispy bacon on top of the pesto. Top the bacon off with fresh arugula and you are ready to serve.
Check out all of Whitney's videos in her https://grokker.com/cooking/collection/my-christmas-party/52af4008eb36033d71000066 collection