2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tsp grated fresh root ginger
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1½ tsp salt
1 tsp garam masala
½ tsp ground cinnamon
2 handfuls of chopped fresh coriander (do try to add some finely chopped stalks as they go very well with this)
½ cup tinned chopped tomatoes
1 lb (450g) minced lamb
2 cups of peas, frozen are fine
A good squeeze of lime
1 cup boiling water
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion and garlic. Fry until a deep golden brown.
2. Turn the heat down and add the ginger, chillies, salt, garam masala and a handful of coriander. Fry for a minute and then add the tomatoes, then the cinnamon and lime.
3. When the mixture has become shiny and the oil separates, add the mince. Stir thoroughly to coat.
4. Add the peas and stir again. Stir-fry for a few minutes.
5. Add 1 cup of boiling water and bring to the boil. Reduce to a low heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
6. Take the lid off, turn the heat up and stir-fry for a few minutes. The lamb should be moist but with no water left. Serve scattered with more chopped coriander.