1 4 lb Brisket
3 Onions, peeled and cut into large wedges
3 Carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
3 Stalks of Celery, cut into large chunks
1 cup of Red Wine
1 cup of Beef Stock
1 28oz can Of Whole Tomatoes
2 Sprigs of Rosemary
5 Sprigs of Thyme
About 10 cloves of Garlic, peeled
1 Tbsp of wrocesteshire Sauce
1 Tbsp of Paprika
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Place a large heavy duty dutch oven on the stove top over medium high heat. Add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and let it get nice and hot.
2. Season the beef on both sides with salt and pepper and sear it in the hot pan for a couple minutes on each side or until it develops a great crust.
3. Remove to a plate.
4. Add a bit more olive oil (another tablespoon or so) and add the onions, celery, garlic and carrots, season them lightly with salt and pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes or until they begin to develop some color.
5. Add the wine and let it cook for 1 minute, then add the beef stock, tomatoes, thyme, rosemary, worcesteshire sauce and the paprika.
6. Add the beef back in, bring it to a boil, cover the pot with a lid and stick it in the oven to cook for about 3.5 hours or until the meat is very tender.
7. Remove the beef from the pot and let it rest for about 5 minutes, meanwhile, place the pot on the stove top, turn the heat to medium high and cook the sauce uncovered until it thickens a bit. Taste it for seasoning and adjust to your liking.
8. Slice the meat, place it on a platter place the veggies all around and spoon the sauce right over the top!