3 cups (500g) brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
7oz (200g) lardons or bacon, cubed
2 cloves of garlic, diced
2 whole shallots, diced
2 tbsp sherry
¾ cup (200ml) heavy or double cream
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste
1. Pre-heat an oven to 375°F (180°C). Place the brussel sprouts in a baking pan with the olive oil and a generous pinch of salt, and place in the hot oven for about 10 minutes or until the brussel sprouts begin to lightly brown.
2. Place the bacon into a hot frying pan and render out the fat. They will be ready once they have rendered down, and are crisp and brown.
3. To the bacon add the shallots and the garlic, and allow them to soften for 2-3 minutes.
4. Then add the double cream and sherry to the bacon, garlic, and shallots, and bring the sauce to a simmer for a few minutes.
5. Finally, add the cooked brussel sprouts to the sauce, mix through and enjoy!