1/2 pound Yuba Tofu Skin
1/2 pound Pea Tendrils
2 cups Corn
1 tbsp Garlic minced
1 tbsp Ginger minced
3 tbsp Vegetable oil
Salt and Sugar To your taste
1 tsp Soy sauce
1 tsp Sesame oil
3 Egg yolks
3 tbsp Water
Sriracha chili sauce to finish (Optional)
1. Take 1/2 pound of Yuba tofu skin and warm it in warm water till it is soft. Once it is soft chop it up and mince it up and set aside.
2. Take the 1/2 pound pea tendrils and mince it up and add it to the Yuba tofu minced. Mince up 2 cups of corn and 1 tablespoon garlic and 1 tablespoon of ginger minced. Saute the mixture in a wok with 3 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Finish with salt and sugar to taste and 1 teaspoon of soy sauce and sesame oil.
3. Take the mixture out and let it cool. Take your 1 pack of round Shui Mai wrappers and fill them with the mixture.
4. Taking a brush use a mixture of 3 egg yolks and 3 tablespoons of water to make the egg wash. Lay the Shui Mai wrapper on a work surface. Brush the egg wash on the wrapper. Add a spoonful of the veggie filling on each wrapper & fold it in half. Use your fingers to seal the sides. Once your done with the dumplings place them in a tray and freeze them in the freezer.
5. To make the sauce, get a bowl and add in 1 cup of vinegar. Add in 2 cups of soy sauce. Add in 1 cups of sugar. Stir until all the sugar is dissolved. Add in the mince 1 tablespoon of ginger. Add in 3 tablespoon chopped scallions and mix it up. You can add Sriracha as an option.
6. Now take the dumplings and boil them in high heat boiling water. Take them out and place them in a bowl and drizzle the sauce on top and stir it around and plate it.
7. Garnish it with scallions, a drizzle of chili oil, and a sprinkle of crispy shallots.