Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Ready In: 13 minutes
2 pounds ground lamb
1 & 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp Madras curry powder
2 cups Greek yogurt
1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
1 cup packed parsley leaves
1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
8 individual pitas or 4 regular pitas
1. Preheat the outdoor grill or indoor grill pan.
2. In a bowl combine lamb, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and curry powder. Form into 8 3-inch by 2-inch oblong patties. Set aside to come to room temperature.
3. Meanwhile, make the tzatziki sauce and parsley salad.
4. For the tzatziki sauce: In a medium bowl combine yogurt, cucumber, mint, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and lemon zest and juice. Set aside.
5. For the parsley salad: In a medium bowl combine tomato, parsley, red onion, and olive oil. Set aside.
6. When the burgers have come to room temperature and the grill is hot, grill the burgers to desired doneness, about 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Stuff burgers, tzatziki sauce, and parsley salad into pitas and serve immediately.