3 lbs Chilean sea bass filets
2 large shallots, chopped finely
2-3 large carrots, thinly cut
1 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
Cooking Sauce Ingredients:
2 tbsp tamari sauce (gluten-free soy sauce)
1 tbsp sesame oil
3 shakes of dried chili flakes
1/4 cup lime juice (2 fresh limes)
2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp plum sauce
2 tsp fresh ginger
1 tbsp mirin
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 450°F.
1. In a medium bowl, mix together lime juice, plum sauce, gluten-free soy sauce (called tamari), sesame oil, sugar, fresh ginger, and mirin.
1. Chop carrots, shallots, and cilantro.
2. Place a single-serving sized filet of sea bass in the middle of a piece of parchment paper. Sprinkle with a touch of salt and pepper. Drizzle some of the marinade on top of the fish. Sprinkle a tiny bit of the carrots, shallots, and cilantro on top as well.
3. Grab the corners and crunch together to make a bag and tie together with ovenproof string.
4. Make a couple more and place them on a baking sheet and pop them in the oven for 15 minutes.
5. There are two ways to serve. One is to simply cut the string on each package in the kitchen and with a spatula, dish onto a serving plate. Another more theatrical way is to place a package on each plate, bring the scissors to the table and have your guests open up their own goodie bag. Caution - be careful of the steam coming out of the open parchment bag. Add your favorite side, like salad or rice and serve.