4 cups of fresh shelled English peas (also known as shelling peas or garden peas)
3-4 green onions (scallions), finely chopped
1/3 cup of crumbled sheep's milk feta cheese
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 tsp of fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup of finely chopped Kalamata olives
1 pinch of grated lemon rind
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a saucepan bring approx. 1 inch (2.5 cm) of water to a boil and lower in the steamer basket. While the water is coming to a boil, shell the peas and chop the onions.
2. Allow the peas to steam over boiling water in the steamer basket for approx. 2 minutes.
3. Remove the peas from the steamer and immerse in an ice-water bath to stop the cooking process. Then strain the peas.
4. Transfer the peas into a salad bowl, add the olives, feta cheese, onions, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon rind, and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Toss them all together and enjoy!