2 ripe avocados
juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp sweet miso
1 small clove garlic, grated
a pinch of Himalayan pink salt
½ small red onion, finely chopped
⅛ cup coriander leaves
⅛ cup pea shoots
For the tamari-toasted seeds:
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp tamari
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
finely grated zest of 1 lime
1 tbsp pumpkin oil
1. Spiralise the carrots and put into a bowl.
2. In a blender, put the avocados, lemon juice (be sure to do this straightaway otherwise the avocados will go brown), sweet miso, garlic and salt and blend until completely smooth.
3. Pour this dressing over the carrot ‘noodles’ and mix in, using your hands is best I find, the red onion.
4. In a pan, heat the sesame oil, tamari and pumpkin seeds on a medium heat and toast for 1 minute – take off the heat and leave to cool.
5. Plate up the pea shoots, add a pile of the ‘noodles’ on top, garnish with the toasted pumpkin seeds and lime zest and drizzle the pumpkin oil all over.
Natasha Corrett provides Fridge Fill Detox Cleanses at http://honestlyhealthyfood.com/