1 whole egg
4 egg whites
cup (160 mL) fat free milk
1 tbsp (15 mL) vanilla
1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
¼ tsp (1.25 mL) freshly grated nutmeg
Nonstick cooking spray
4 slices whole grain bread (I like to use Oroweat 12 grain bread)
½ cup (120 mL) heavy whipping cream
1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
2 bananas, sliced on a bias
pure maple syrup
1. Pour egg whites milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a shallow bowl and whisk together.
2. Soak the slices of bread for 1 minute on each side.
3. Place a griddle over medium-high heat and spray the surface with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Place slices onto the heated griddle and cook for 1 to 2 minute on each side. Remove from heat and place in the oven to keep warm.
5. Repeat with remaining french toast.
6. For the whipped cream: Place the cream, vanilla and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat together with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
7. To assemble: Place two slices of french toast onto a plate and top with powdered sugar, syrup, bananas, and whipped cream. Serve.