Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Ready In: 35 minutes
2 medium egg yolks
1 tbsp water
2/3 cups (150g) of cold butter, diced
1 tbsp lemon juice
4 medium eggs
2 English muffins
4 slices cooked ham (may be substituted with cooked spinach, crispy bacon, or sliced turkey)
Salt and Pepper for seasoning to taste
1. Fill a large, deep frying pan with water and set it over a medium heat to bring it to the simmer.
2. Meanwhile, place a heatproof bowl over a pan of water on a medium-low heat. Add the egg yolks to bowl and whisk in the water, then start slowly whisking in the butter, one lump at a time. Whisk constantly and add the next piece of butter as soon as the previous one melts.
3. It should start to thicken but if it looks like its going to scramble, take it off the heat and whisk in a spoonful of ice cold water keep some iced water handy just in case this happens.
4. Once the sauce has thickened to a rich, coating consistency, turn off the heat and whisk in the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside, off the heat.
5. Meanwhile, crack an egg into a ramekin and then slide it into the water filled frying pan the water should be just simmering.
6. Repeat, so all the eggs are in the water and very gently simmer for 4-5 minutes.
7. Lightly toast the muffins. Top each muffin half with a slice of ham. Lift the eggs carefully out of the water with a slotted spoon and top each muffin half with an egg.
8. Spoon over with a generous amount of the warm hollandaise and serve immediately.
Watch all of Jassie's https://grokker.com/cooking/collection/brilliant-brunch-series/51681a57558fccb35e0122e3 collection