1. Place eggs in a small pot of cold water on the stove over medium heat.
2. Once the water starts boiling, allow the eggs to boil for
about 12-15 minutes.
3. Remove eggs from the water and allow them to cool (can be placed in the fridge).
4. Peel the shells off the egg and place them in a bowl and mash them into small chunks with a fork.
5. Add your mayonnaise, freshly chopped shallots, your chopped gherkins or pickles and half of the freshly chopped chives. Add salt and pepper to your liking and mix all the ingredients together.
6. Scoop small amounts of the egg mix onto ½ slices of bread (I use gluten-free bread) and garnish with a few chopped chives.
Serve and enjoy!