2 lbs small red or yukon gold potatoes
4 eggs, hard boiled eggs
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
1 large shallot, finely chopped or 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
2 stalks of celery, sliced
For the dressing:
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt (more or less as desired)
fresh black pepper (if desired)
1. Boil potatoes for about 10-15 minutes in water until a fork can be inserted easily. Cool in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
2. Hard boil eggs in water for 7-9 minutes. Cool in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
3. Chop the eggs into quarters or bite size pieces and cut the potatoes in half and put in a large bowl.
4. Add fresh dill, parsley, celery, and shallots into the bowl
5. In a separate bowl add your dressing ingredients, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and mix with a whisk.
6. Pour the dressing on the potato bowl and toss all the ingredients together.
7. Chill well before serving.