1. Slice the beef across the grain into thin strips.
2. Coat the beef with the cornflour, salt, pepper and 5 spice powder in a bowl.
3. Toast the cashew nuts in a dry frying pan for a couple of minutes before adding a pinch of salt and the ginger until the nuts are golden.
4. Remove from the pan and leave to one side to cool.
5. Steam or boil the jasamin rice in salted water with any ginger trimmings as per packet instructions.
6. Whisk all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and leave to infuse.
7. Peel the cucumber into long ribbons using a potato peeler and toss into the dressing.
9. Fry for 2 mins, stirring all the time so it becomes crispy, but still tender inside.
10. Drain the rice and serve with the crispy beef, cucumber salad and toasted cashews.