4 duck legs
2 handfuls of salt
duck fat, melted (600g)
3 tbsp of Chinese 5 spice
a knob of ginger, peeled and grated
2 sticks of cinnamon
1 orange, zested
1 star anise
2 red chillies, halved
½ a jar of hoisin sauce (150ml)
16 ready made Chinese pancakes
1 cucumber cut into strips
bunch of spring onions, cut into strips
1. Sprinkle the duck with salt and leave for half an hour.
2. Pat the water off the duck with a paper towel.
3. Preheat an oven to 302°F (150°C).
4. Put the duck into the duck fat with the 5 spice, ginger, cinnamon, orange zest, star anise and chillies.
5. Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 2 ½ hours.
6. Take duck out of the duck fat.
7. Fry the duck, skin side down, in a hot dry pan few minutes until crispy.
8. Shred the duck with a fork.
9. Warm the wraps in the microwave and serve with the cucumber, spring onions, duck and a drizzle of Hoisin sauce.