12 oz butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (your squash will lose ~3 oz. after being peeled and seeded)
1 tbsp Enzo Olive Oil (substitute regular olive oil)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup toasted walnut pieces
1 cup balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, crushed
4 oz mozzarella cheese, in small pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F, prepare the butternut squash by cutting the ends off, cutting in half, deseed it, peel it, and cube it.
2. Place the butternut squash on a baking sheet, drizzle Enzo Olive Oil over the top. Sprinkle brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Place the squash in the oven for 25-30 minutes, toss halfway through cooking.
3. While the squash is roasting prepare the balsamic reduction. Over medium-high heat in a skillet, heat the balsamic vinegar and crushed garlic. Let it reduce by half, about 10 minutes.
4. Place the squash on your serving plate, take the 4 oz mozzarella ball and seperate them into small pieces with your hands, place them on top, drizzle the reduced balsamic vinegar on top, and finish with the toasted walnuts.
To Toast Walnuts:
1. Toast the walnuts by placing them on a baking sheet bake in a 375°F oven for 3-4 minutes.