1/2 cup of small butternut squash
1/4 tsp of freshly grated nutmeg
Flour (for rolling dough)
1 pasta dough (watch John & Sage's Tagliatelle video to make your own. https://grokker.com/cooking/video/how-to-make-homemade-tagliatelle-pasta-/513f56acc5afe6806d002948 )
4 free range eggs
3 or 4 almond biscotti
2 tbsp (30g) parmesan cheese grated
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Peel and deseed the squash and cut into large chunks.
2. Grate up 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg and 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese and place them on the side for later.
3. Place the squash chunks in a tray and toss well with olive oil and a large pinch of sea salt. Roast in a tray to 190°C or 374°F until just tender about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes take out your squash and mash the roasted squash and season with nutmeg and parmesan cheese and mash it even more.
4. Take your prepared pasta dough. (if you don't know how to make pasta dough watch John & Sage's tagliatelle video or use store bought) Pour flour under the dough and on top of the dough and roll it out. You want to get a symmetrical shape for your dough.
5. Take your biscuits and crumble it on top of the mashed squash and mix it up. Cut the rolled out dough in half. Using 2 fingers place the squash stuffing evenly across on 1 half of the dough. Using a pastry brush, brush some water around the squash filling.
6. Place the other half of the dough on top and press down around the filling to make your ravioli. Using a cutter, press out raviolis. Place the raviolis in hot water to cook it for 2 minutes.
Directions for the Sauce:
1. Add 2 tablespoon of butter in a pot.
2. Take a handful of sage and break off the leaves. Place them in a pot.
3. Juice half of lemon in a blender.
4. Season the pot with a pinch of salt.
5. Pour the butter and sage mixture sifting to catch the sage leaves into the blender as it is blending with the lemon juice.
1. Place the butter and sage sauce on a plate.
2. Then place the raviolis on top of the butter and sage sauce.
3. Take the sage leaves that you sifted out from the pot and place them on top of the raviolis.
4. Finish with grating some parmesan cheese on top.