1 pound flank steak, cut against the grain into thin slices and marinated for 3 hours
1 cup caramelized yellow onion
1 cup charred tomatillo salsa
1 cup cilantro sprigs
3 limes cut into wedges
2 tablespoons rice bran oil
1 pack of 12 hot corn tortillas
10 pound fresh tomatillos
1 serrano chile, stemmed
¼ cup yellow onion
2 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
¼ avocado, diced
1 cup Worcestershire sauce
.25 yellow onion
1 garlic clove
2 allspice berries
3 black peppercorns
.5 cup rice bran oil
1. For steak marinade - place everything in a blender except the oil and blend at medium speed for 30 seconds. Start adding the oil at a slow pace so that the marinade emulsifies. Season with salt to taste.
2. Pour marinade over steak and let sit for 10 minutes
3. In a large saute pan on high heat add the oil. After 30 seconds add the steak and cook until seared about 10-12 minutes. Make sure to move the meat around with a heat-proof spatula.
4. For the salsa place the tomatillos, onion, garlic and serrano in a large saute pan on high heat and cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until charred. Set aside and let cool for about 10 minutes. Place the charred ingredients in a blender and press the pulse button 2-3 times for about 3 seconds each. Pour in a bowl and add the cilantro, avocado and season with salt to taste.
5. For plating add the onions and season with salt to taste. In the center of the tortilla add the steak mixture and top off with the salsa and cilantro sprigs. Serve with a lime wedge.