1 pound flank steak
3 tbsp cumin
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp ground coriander
2 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp granulated garlic
2 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp dry granulated onion
1 tbsp dry mustard
1 tbsp red pepper flakes
½ cup kosher salt
1 tbsp pepper
1 yellow bell pepper, seedless and julienned
1 red bell pepper, seedless and julienned
½ sweet onion, julienned
1 jalapeño, seedless and julienned
25-30 fresh-picked cilantro leaves
3 green onions, thinly sliced
3 small flour tortillas
2 tbsp olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
juice of 2 limes
kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
4 lime wedges for garnish
6 ounces shredded manchego cheese
1. Set the grill temperature or bring it up to 450°F-500°F.
1. In a medium sized bowl, add in all of the dry seasoning and stir to incorporate all of the ingredients. Set aside.
1. In a sauté pan over high heat, add in olive oil, onion, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and jalapeño. Cook for 3-5 minutes, then lower the heat to low. Salt and pepper to taste.
1. Brush the steak with olive oil on all sides.
2. Generously season the flank steak with the Spanish seasoning.
3. Place the flank steak on a 450°F-500°F grill. Close the grill to seal in all of the heat for a smoky flavor. Flip the flank steak over in 2-3 minutes, rotating 90° for the perfect grill marks. Close the grill and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Remove the flank steak from the grill and place it on a plate. Squeeze lime juice on the steak.
1. Let the flank steak rest for 10 minutes.
2. Very thinly cut the flank against the grain.
3. Place the flour tortillas on a plate. Add 4 slices of steak in each tortilla, and then pile the cooked vegetables, about 2 oz. of manchego cheese, and about 3 sprigs of cilantro on top. Garnish with green onion.