Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Ready In: 45 minutes
1lb (500g) chicken breast fillets
½ cup pomegranate molasses
6 tbsp sumac
7 tbsp dried mint
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
4 cups freekeh
4 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
4 spring onions, thinly sliced
4 tbsp chives, finely chopped
2 whole red chili, thinly sliced
4 cups arugula
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
¼ cup pomegranate seeds
1. Pre-heat an oven to 360°F (180°C). Place the chicken on a baking tray and pour over a ¼ cup of pomegranate molasses, 4 tbsp of sumac, 4 tbsp dried mint, and season with salt and pepper. Then place the chicken in the oven for about 10 minutes.
2. Add the freekeh, to a pan of boiling salted water. Boil for around 30 minutes, or until the freekeh becomes tender.
3. In a large bowl mix together the parsley, the spring onions, the chives and the chili, and 2 cups of the arugula.
4. Prepare the dressing by mixing equal parts olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and pomegranate molasses. To this add 2 tbsp of sumac, 3 tbsp of dried mint, 1 tbsp of sugar, and season with salt. Mix thoroughly, taste, and add more of any of the ingredients if it requires.
5. Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the oven, and allow to cool, before chopping into roughly bite size pieces.
6. Drain the freekeh, add it to the bowl with the herbs, and mix well. Add the chopped chicken to this bowl, and pour in the juices from the bottom of the baking tray. To this add most of the pomegranate seeds, reserving some for garnishing at the end, and finally add the dressing, and mix the salad thoroughly.
7. To serve, place the remaining arugula on the bottom of a large serving bowl, top with the chicken salad mixture, and finally sprinkle the remaining pomegranate over the salad. Enjoy!