1/2 cup medjool dates, soaked
1/2 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
1 & 1/2 cups mashed avocado (3 avocados)
3/4 cup organic cocoa or carob powder *Substitute carob for chocolate. (If you wish to)
1/2 cup water
1. Take the Medjool dates and take the seeds/pods out and then soak them with water overnight. Save the water that it was soaked in.
2. Now add the overnight soaked 1/2 cup of medjool dates, 1/2 cup of agave nectar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract in a food processor and process them well.
3. Once it has been processed add in 1 & 1/2 cup mashed avocado and process it more. Once it is nice and creamy add in 3/4 cup of organic cocoa or carob powder and blend it more.
4. To get it to a mousse consistency add in 1/2 cup of water or the water that the dates were soaked in and blend some more.
5. Now serve it in a cup and with whatever fruits you want or by itself. Serve it at room temperature or chilled.
6. You can store it in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 3 days in the refrigerator or a 2 weeks in the freezer.
Note Can also serve as a fondue to dip fruits, layered in a parfait glass with cashew cream and sliced strawberries, filling for pie or tart and topped with raspberries or sliced strawberries.