2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 & 1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 & 1/2 cup milk (any kind of milk — rice, almond, soy, cow’s — will work)
3 tbsp agave
1/2 cup applesauce
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup dried fruit (cranberries, raisins, blueberries, and/or cherries)
1/2 cup nuts (walnuts, sunflower seeds, and/or pepitas)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place the first 5 dry ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
3. Mix the milk, applesauce, egg, agave, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
4. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, stir to combine and then stir in the dried fruits and nuts.
5. Pour the oatmeal mixture into a buttered or greased 7 x 11 inch baking dish.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until thickened and golden.
7. Cool, cut into squares and serve.
Note: Allow to cool, cut into squares and place in a ziplock bag to freeze up to 4 months. When ready, allow to defrost in fridge for 24-48 hours. Refrigerating the bars will make them last up to 5 days.