Cook Time: 0 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
380 grams (18 OZ) filet minon (tenderloin)
black ground pepper
roasted sesame seeds
endive (or lettuce)
1. Rinse filet minon under a little cold running water and dry with paper towel.
2. Wrap it in a cotton cloth and keep it in the freezer for 1 hour.
3. In a bowl, add 2 cups of water and 1 tbs sugar. Stir it well.
4. Peel a Korean pear and cut it into thin matchsticks (about 3-4 cups).
5. Soak the pear strips in the bowl for 5 minutes. Then drain and set aside
1. Finely mince a dozen cloves of garlic. Put into a mixing bowl with 1½ tbs soy sauce, 1½ tbs honey (or 2 tbs brown sugar), 1/4 ts salt, 2 tbs sesame oil, and a pinch of ground black pepper. Mix well.
Put it together:
1. Take the beef out of the freezer. Cut it into thin matchsticks, and mix with the seasoning sauce
*tip: you can add green lettuce on pear strips
2. Sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds and pine nuts over top before serving.
How to serve:
You could use as an appetizer, a side dish with alcohol, or a main dish for a party.